Expressions of Interest
Position type: Casual, Part or Full-time flexible working hours
Join Roseberry QLD: Where every day is a chance to impact Young lives.
Roseberry QLD invites you to become a driving force in our mission to empower the Youth of Gladstone. As a Senior Youth Mental Health Clinician at Roseberry QLD, you will play a pivotal role in our clinical services division, and across the organisation, providing clinical oversight, supervision and direct service delivery across both the Youth Enhanced Support Service (YESS) and headspace Gladstone (hG). These programs provide therapeutic interventions to young people aged 12 to 25 years, across the mental health spectrum under the stepped care framework. This includes brief and early intervention for mild to moderate mental health difficulties at headspace; to ongoing therapeutic support and clinical care coordination for young people who have, or are at risk of developing severe mental illness, and with complex needs (including self-harm and suicide risk), with the YESS program.
Why Roseberry QLD? Here’s What Sets Us Apart:
Meaningful Work, Every Day:
- At Roseberry QLD, you will not just have a job; you will have a purpose. Your role as a Senior Youth Mental Health Clinician is a chance to make a lasting difference in the lives of not only young people, guiding them through their mental health journey and empowering them to overcome challenges; but also, our staff through the provision of supervision, mentoring and support.
Innovate and Inspire:
- Our approach is fresh, dynamic, and evolving. You will be at the forefront of innovative mental health interventions, delivering evidence-based care tailored to young minds. At RQ, we encourage new ideas and are open to your innovative contributions in the field of youth mental health.
A Supportive Team:
- Join a close-knit, multi-disciplinary team, working together seamlessly. We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment where your ideas are valued, and your growth is nurtured. Your success is our success.
Empowerment and Professional Growth:
- We believe in investing in our team. As a Senior Youth Mental Health Clinician, you will receive ongoing training, opportunities for professional development, and regular supervision. Your growth as a clinician is our priority.
Grow your Leadership capability in this Impactful Role:
- As the Senior Youth Mental Health Clinician your primary focus is two-fold: you will lead the charge in ensuring a stepped care approach and providing clinical leadership and support to our multi-disciplinary team, ensuring the best possible care for young individuals. You will also be facilitating change directly with young people by delivering evidence-based, therapeutic interventions. We strive to provide flexible, youth-friendly, and developmentally appropriate services within a trauma-informed, client-centred, strengths-based framework.
- Your expertise will be the cornerstone of our success. Deliver evidence-based clinical services and therapeutic interventions to young people aged 12-25, engaging closely with their families and friends to ensure their active participation in the care process.
Leadership, Supervision and Collaboration:
- Lead and inspire our dedicated team. Provide clinical leadership, consultation, and supervision to YESS Clinicians and Mental Health Support Coordinators. In conjunction with the hG Clinical Lead, support the headspace clinical team.
- Monitor and lead the ongoing delivery of high-quality, recovery-oriented, evidence-based care, ensuring compliance with professional and healthcare standards.
Collaboration and Advocacy:
- Collaborate with key community agencies and referral partners to drive impactful change, including Child and Youth Mental Health services, advocating for the best interests of the young people we serve.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Nursing, and preferably current full registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse or Mental Health Occupational Therapist, or AASW membership as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker; or working towards obtaining certification
- Minimum 3 years of post-qualifying experience in delivering mental health clinical treatment /therapeutic interventions in a mental health setting, preferably with young people (12-25).
Join Us in Shaping a Brighter Tomorrow:
If you are looking for more than just a job and want to be part of a movement to transform youth mental health, then Roseberry QLD is the place for you. Together, let’s create a world where every young person’s mental well-being is a priority, and their potential knows no bounds.
Apply now to embark on a fulfilling journey with us! For a confidential discussion please call David Myles (07) 4972 0047.