Roseberry Qld are hosting a FREE Ready for Work Program for young people aged 16-21 years old. Starting in February 2024, the program will run over eight (8) weeks and give young people the opportunity to increase their chances of finding and keeping a job. Being work-ready means having the necessary skills, knowledge, and attitude that employers are looking for. It shows that young people are capable of performing well in a job and are ready to take on the responsibilities and challenges that come with it.
Here are some reasons why being work-ready is important:
- Employability: With a rapidly changing job market and increasing competition, being work-ready gives young people a competitive edge. Employers are more likely to hire someone who is already equipped with the skills and abilities needed to do the job. Young people who are work-ready are more likely to be seen as valuable and desirable candidates.
- Adaptability: Being work-ready means being able to adapt to different work environments and situations. It shows that young people are flexible and can quickly learn and adjust to new tasks and responsibilities. This is an important skill in today’s job market where change is constant and companies may require employees to take on different roles or learn new technologies.
- Productivity: Being work-ready means being capable of working efficiently and effectively. Young people who are work-ready can hit the ground running and require less training and supervision. They can contribute to the productivity of the organisation from the start, which is highly valued by employers.
- Professionalism: Being work-ready involves having a professional attitude and behavior. Young people who are work-ready understand and practice workplace etiquette, dress appropriately, and communicate effectively. This helps them to build a positive reputation and establish themselves as reliable and responsible employees.
- Career advancement: Being work-ready is not just about getting a job, but also about advancing in one’s career. Young people who are work-ready are more likely to be considered for promotions and to be given more opportunities for growth and development. They are seen as individuals who can take on more responsibility and handle higher-level tasks.
- Confidence and self-esteem: Being work-ready can boost a young person’s confidence and self-esteem. When they know they have the skills and abilities to succeed in the workplace, they feel more confident in themselves and their capabilities. This can lead to greater job satisfaction and overall well-being.
Being work-ready is important for young people because it increases their employability, adaptability, productivity, professionalism, and opportunities for career advancement. It also boosts their confidence and self-esteem. Developing the necessary skills and mindset to be work-ready is an investment in their future success in the workplace. All of these skills empower them to lift themselves out of a place of disadvantage and create safe, vital and resilient lives.
Roseberry QLD’s work ready program will focus on
- Career planning & goal setting
- Resume preparation
- Job application process
- Interview techniques
- Financial Literacy
While giving you the opportunity to obtain your:
- White Card
- Barista training
- RSA & RSG
- Learners License
- Tax file number and bank account
CONTACT US TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY | (07) 4972 0047 | YFS@Roseberry.org.au